Article no.: HUS Styrene Monomer
It is the primary raw material to produce polystyrene as well as several copolymers such as acrylonitrile butadiene styrene resin, styrene butadiene latex, unsaturated polyester resin, styrene acrylonitrile resins.
Styrene Monomer is produced by the formation and eventual dehydrogenation of ethylbenzene, where benzene and ethylene are combined and reacted. Styrene is a somewhat unique monomer in that it consistently wants to self-react to form polystyrene, which is exothermic. Therefore, it contains an inhibitor (TBC) which prevents self-polymerization allowing for safer transportation, storage, and use.
Examples of applications
- Production of polystyrene (PS)
- Production of expandable polystyrene (EPS)
- Production of unsaturated polyester resin (UPR)
- Production of styrene butadiene latex (SBL)
- Production of styrene acrylonitrile resin (SAN)
- Bulk in ocean vessels and barges
- Bulk in rail tank cars
- Bulk in road tank trucks
- Bulk in isotank containers
- Full dry van shipments of 80 drums or 20 IBC’s (by special request)
Other packaging solutions possible by agreement.