HELM U.S., established in 1969 by family-owned HELM AG (est. 1900) in Hamburg, Germany, distributes an array of chemical raw materials and ingredients to multiple industries (e.g. chemical, pharma) throughout the Americas. HELM Group operates world-wide with sales offices and subsidiaries in more than 30 countries. Certified as per ISO 9001, it is our mission to provide our clients with quality products, competitive pricing and excellent customer service.
We are looking for a:
Supply Chain Management Intern – Summer 2020
|Entry Position:||Students and Graduates|
This program was developed to give students finishing their 3rd Junior year of college the opportunity to gain a vast amount of knowledge and experience in the supply chain industry. Specifically, HELM U.S. Corporation is a Chemical Commodity driven business, where employees focus on all steps of the value chain from Procurement, Inventory, Sales, Logistics, Customer Service, Contract negotiations, and more, which the intern will learn about and gain experience in.
This position entails a 10-week program.
Detailed duties and responsibilities:
- During your time with Helm, you will shadow most positions in the company, as well as work on a few focused projects along the way to showcase your skills
- You’ll gain experience in international trade & global business strategies and practices.
- You’ll gain a general overview of all modes of logistical transportation, how they compare to each other, and how transporting chemicals is different from regular non-commodity materials.
- You’ll understand how our Accounting, HR, and Quality Management departments are involved with daily business
- Participate in cross-functional projects to develop communication & project skills
- At the end of your 10-week program, which will be catered towards what you want to learn most about the industry, there is potential to work part time during your senior year, and potential to extend a full time Product management or Supply Chain Coordinator position to you upon graduation.
- Interest in a supply chain role as a Junior in college
- Good knowledge of MS Office applications
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Good time management, prioritizing, and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently or within group setting
- Ability to give and accept criticism and feedback
HELM U.S. offers the following to its employees:
- This will be a full time (40 hours a week) paid internship
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Include most current CV or resume and position applying for.